ITAR Compliance Acknowledgement and Statement of Understanding of ITAR Export Regulations
Export of night vision equipment and optical sighting equipment is controlled by the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations Part 120-130 and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) U.S. Department of Commerce.
It is unlawful to export, or attempt to export or otherwise transfer or sell any hardware or technical data or furnish any service to any foreign person, whether abroad or in the United States, for which a license or written approval of the U.S. Government is required, without first obtaining the required license or written approval from the Department of the U.S. Government having jurisdiction.
It is the Resellers/End Users responsibility to request and obtain export licenses for the export of the subject items, and to ensure that the requirements of all applicable laws, regulations and administrative policies are met.
Sales or transfers to entities on the List of Debarred Parties, Denied Persons list and Embargoed Countries are strictly prohibited.
- Denied Persons list – http://www.bis.doc.gov/dpl/Default.shtm
- Unverified list – http://www.bis.doc.gov/Enforcement/UnverifiedList/unverified_parties.html
- Entity list – http://www.bis.doc.gov/Entities/Default.htm
- Debarred list – http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/compliance/debar.html
- Nonproliferation Sanctions – http://www.state.gov/t/isn/c15231.htm
- Specially Designated Nationals list – http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/sdn/
- Embargoed Countries (see part 746) – http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/ear_data.html
Any questions or additional information regarding export regulations should be directed to:
U.S.Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security Office of Exporter Services
Phone: (202) 482-4811
U.S. Department of State
International Traffic in Arms Regulations Office of Defense Trade Control
Phone: (202) 663 2714
- I understand that it is unlawful to export, or attempt to export or otherwise transfer or sell any hardware or technical data or furnish any service to any foreign person, whether abroad or in the United States (U.S.), for which a license or written approval of the U.S. Government is required, without first obtaining the required license or written approval from the department of the U.S. Government having jurisdiction.
- I understand that, in the ITAR (§ 120.16), a foreign person means any natural person who is not a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is not a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). It also means any foreign corporation, business association, partnership, trust, society or any other entity or group that is not incorporated or organized to do business in the U.S., as well as international organizations, foreign governments and any agency or subdivision of foreign governments (e.g., diplomatic missions). History: 59 FR25811, May 18, 1994; 71 FR 20534, Apr. 21, 2006.
- I understand that I am responsible for compliance with any and all U.S. Government export controls and regulations and that, if I violate them, it could result upon conviction in severe criminal and civil penalties (including substantial fines, imprisonment, seizure of controlled products and technical data, and/or suspension/removal of export privileges) for my company and me.
- I understand I am renting or purchasing this equipment for use in the United States only.
- I understand that these items will not be exported, provided to foreign persons in the U.S. (including Foreign Embassies in the U.S.) or sold domestically for export by a third party (including U.S. Government agencies).
- I understand if these items are renting or sold, it is my responsibility to advise the purchaser of their duty to comply with U.S. export control regulations or face the possibility of severe criminal and civil fines including imprisonment if convicted.
- I understand I will obtain and retain a record of the sale if these items are renting or sold.
- I am a citizen of the United States of America in good standing with all local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies and am not under indictment for any crime.