The L3Harris BNVD-1531 is the result of the L3Harris focus on continuous product improvements in the areas of size, weight, performance and power consumption. The 1531 offers a lightweight, ergonomic design similar to the AN/PVS-31 but with significant weight reduction over the AN/PVS-15. It also incorporates features such as adjustable diopters, manual gain adjustment, individually rotating monoculars and an integrated infrared illuminator. The 1531 can be operated as a helmet-mounted or handheld system.
The two main differences between the BNVD-1531 and the PVS-31a is the integrated IR illuminator and adjustable diopters. The BNVD-1531 uses standard milspec PVS-14 optics which gives the user focusable diopters, but also, allows for a more cost effective solution.
The BNVD-1531 can be run both off of an onboard AA battery or powered from the included PVS-31 battery pack. Because of the light weight design, the user does not need to run a counterweight and can simply use the battery pack to balance the helmet. The PVS-31 battery pack also has an on board IR strobe for signaling and aerial identification. The IR strobe is operated by a single switch on the back of the battery pack. One great thing about the ability to run a battery pack is the speed in which the goggles can be up and running. With the PVS-31 the user simply can drop the dovetail on a Wilcox G24 mount and plug in the battery cable to the battery pack port on the BNVD-1531 housing and use their goggles.
The L3Harris BNVD-1531 has an articulating housing with independently rotating optical pods. This lets the user deploy both tubes or a single tube. This is especially helpful when users are deploying their BNVD-1531’s while using a thermal device. The optical pod articulation also lets users stow their goggles without having to flip the goggles up on the helmet mount. This reduces snag hazard and additional height added to the helmet.
The BNVD-1531 uses L3Harris Unfilmed White Phosphor autogated image intensifier tubes with a 2376 min FOM rating from the factory. These unfilmed tubes provide incredible clarity, low light and high light performance, and increased depth perception. These are L3’s most advanced intensifier tubes and offers significant performance increases over other white phosphor systems.
2376 minimum FOM Unfilmed White Phosphor:
- FOM: 2,376 minimum
- Milspec Spot Spec: can have max 4 spots per tube larger than .003″, no spots larger than .003″ in zone 1. Spots </= .003″ are acceptable.
2376 minimum FOM Unfilmed White Phosphor – Aviation Grade:
- FOM: 2,376 minimum
- Aviation Spot Spec: Max 3 spots per tube larger than .003″ in zone 3, no spots larger than .003″ in zone 1 or 2. Spots </= .003″ are acceptable.
- This option is for our customers that want a stricter spot spec offered from the factory. This option is hand selected strictly to meet the above aviation spot spec. Even though PVS-31a’s in general have incredible tubes, spots are still a reality in all night vision. If you are a customer that wants to insure a stricter spot spec this is a great option. Please understand that although an aviation spot spec is way stricter than the milspec spot spec, spots </= .003″ are still acceptable and are a reality of night vision.
- Please allow for additional lead time for aviation grade as this is a stricter spot spec than offered from L3Harris. Since we cannot order these to an aviation spot spec from L3Harris we cannot quote a definitive lead time. On average this option takes 30-60 days longer than the standard option.
-L3Harris BNVD-1531 night vision goggle
-PVS-31 battery pack & cable
- Shop Night Vision
- Shop All Accessories
- Check out the Wilcox G24 mount for the best helmet mount to attach your night vision to your helmet.
- Check out our Resources Page for more educational content.
There are no reviews yet.